For our current dancers, here is a list of costume items and where to get them.
Beginners typically only perform by walking in the St. Patrick’s Day parade with our float. Costume is usually a black skirt (at or above the knee) and opaque black tights for ladies or black pants for gents, and a white shirt or Rinceoiri shirt.
- Kilt in All Ireland tartan, available exclusively at Sport Kilt. You must choose the 18″ length and sewn down pleat option. Lengths other than 18″ must be approved by teacher. Sport Kilt often has sales posted on their website or social media– check before ordering!
- Black V-neck, half sleeve shirt available at Down East Outfitters online or in stores.
- Black opaque tights.
- Hard shoes and/or ghillies
- White long-sleeved dress shirt
- Black slacks (any dress trousers will do)
- Black socks
- Black belt, basic buckle
- Hard shoes and/or reel shoes
- Year-round costume: RDS dress (available to rent by the year or purchase outright) and black opaque tights
- Summer costume: Kilt in All Ireland tartan, available exclusively at Sport Kilt. You must choose the 18″ length and sewn down pleat option, black 20th anniversary RDS shirt, and opaque black tights